How to Install an Standoff Sign
Brent Thompson, Production manager w/ Heritage Custom Signs & Displays demonstrates his method on how to install a standoff lobby sign.
- Brent begins with a cardboard template he made the same size of his sign, it has pilot holes in it for accurate alignment.
- Use masking tape and tape the template to the wall then use a level or tape measure to ensure the sign will be straight.
- Mark the wall thru the pre-drilled holes and remove the template.
- Drill a small pilot hole in the sheetrock, then insert a heavy duty wall mount into the wall, this will hold the standoff mount securely to the wall.
- Insert a screw into one of the metal standoffs and fasten it to the heavy duty wall mount. Repeat to the remaining wall mounts.
- Clean the back of the sign, once secured to the wall it can’t be reached unless it is removed.
- Insert a top mount to your sign and screw it into the metal standoff. Repeat with the remaining standoffs.
This video demonstrates a very easy method to fasten a standoff mounted sign to a finished sheetrock wall. We manufacture a variety of office signage in our Charlotte production facility. Click on these links to learn more about standoff mounted signs and other services we provide.